Tamiya 1/16 U.S. M26 Pershing T26E Tank Kit TAM56016
This is Tamiya's M26 Pershing T26E3 1/16th Scale Full-Option Electric Radio Controlled Tank Kit. Used in the Korean War and the latter part of WW II, the M26 Pershing was the first US tank that could equal the German Tiger and Pan..
- Brand: Tamiya
- Product Code:IDSPT0701
- Availability:In Stock
This is Tamiya's M26 Pershing T26E3 1/16th Scale Full-Option Electric Radio Controlled Tank Kit. Used in the Korean War and the latter part of WW II, the M26 Pershing was the first US tank that could equal the German Tiger and Panther Tanks in fighting performance. Not only can the model move forward and backward and turn with a great sense of power, but the turret can be rotated and the gun raised and lowered. Recoil of the gun and movement of the hull during shooting are also perfectly reproduced and synchronized.
The sound of the engine has been recorded from a real Ford GAF Liquid cooled V8 engine, the metallic clanking sound of the tracks and the sound of the shooting of the main gun adapt to the model's movement. Moreover, this kit features headlights and brake lamps that light-up and main gun and front machine gun that flash.
The sound of the engine was digitally recorded from a real Ford GAF liquid cooled V8 engine of the M26 Pershing at the Ropkey Armor Museum. All the variation of sound of the real engine but also all the metallic clanking of the track has been thoroughly recorded.
The front-mounted gearbox contains two Type 380 motors that can operate together or individually to produce forward/reverse running and pivot turning. Metal torsion bars and suspension arms combine with the wide tracks to smoothly absorb bumps and dips in the terrain and provide high maneuverability. In addition, realistic engine sounds accompany the tank as it starts up, drives, and stops to idle. Hull-mounted main gun can be elevated, depressed, and swung to the left and right.
Includes: One M26 Pershing T26E3 1/16th Scale Full Option Electric Radio Control Tank Kit with, two 380 motors with bullet connectors, DMD Control Unit, DMD Multi Function Unit, speaker unit, two pre-assembled gearboxes, aluminum gun barrel, die cast metal suspension arms and drive sprockets, decal sheet, pre-assembled tracks, detailed commander figure, illustrated instruction manual, two way battery connector.
- Radio: 4 channel, receiver connects directly to DMD Control Unit-no
- servos are needed.
- Radio Batteries: Eight AA cells.
- Tank Battery: One 6 cell flat 7.2v Ni-CD
- Battery Charger: Timed or Peak Detection
- Misc. Items: Tools for assembly, spay and brush-on paint, modeling knife and cement.
- Tank moves forward, reverse, turns, has a rotating gun turret, main gun on turret can be raised and lowered.
- DMD T-06 Control Unit provides main and machine gun muzzle flash and head and brake light function. When firing, muzzle flashes, speaker roars, and recoil gearbox retracts gun barrel, then returns it to standard position, the hull also recoils in response to the gun firing. Unit also includes pre-installed universal connectors for direct receiver connection.
- DMD Multi Function Unit controls engine running, idling, and stopping sounds, also turret rotation sound, raising/lowering sound of 90mm gun, main and machine gun fire sounds, and clanking sound of tracks.
- Speaker box at rear hull provides the digitally recorded sound of an actual Ford GAF liquid cooled eight cylinder engine used in the full size Pershing tanks.
- Double pin type plastic tracks are pre-assembled. Metal shafts and connectors are used to connect track links for heightened durability.
- Spring dampened torsion bar suspension provides smooth and realistic maneuverability on rough terrain.
- Two independent FET amplifiers operate two 380 motors for smooth control. Independent amplifiers for turret rotation and gun elevation motors are also included.
- Highly detailed paintable plastic body with commander figure and many other accessories molded in dark military green.
- Two pre-assembled gearboxes with one 380 size motor per gearbox
- Metal suspension arms and drive sprocket wheels
Length: 21.10" (536mm)
Width: 8.58" (218mm)
Height: 8" (203mm)