Great Planes Bird Of Time 3-Meter EP Sailplane ARF GPMA1053
This is the Great Planes Electric Powered, Radio Controlled, Almost Ready to Fly Bird of Time 3m Sailplane. Introduced as a kit in 1981, the 3-meter Bird of Time has proven to be timeless. Easy-to-build ARF versions have joined th..
- Brand: Great Planes
- Product Code:IDSPT0327
- Availability:In Stock
This is the Great Planes Electric Powered, Radio Controlled, Almost Ready to Fly Bird of Time 3m Sailplane. Introduced as a kit in 1981, the 3-meter Bird of Time has proven to be timeless. Easy-to-build ARF versions have joined the original to give all sailplane enthusiasts a relaxing and inspiring way to fly. This electric-powered, almost ready-to-fly Bird of Time is the most convenient of them all, reaching soaring heights in seconds – no hi-start, tow plane or large launch area needed.
The Bird of Time EP ARF includes a low-drag folding prop, spinner, and prop adapter. With the recommended motor, one full battery charge can power many aggressive climbs to altitude. A removable hatch in the Bird of Time EP ARF fuselage allows quick LiPo battery pack changes between flights. And last but not least, compared to smaller sailplanes, the 3-meter Bird of Time EP ARF flies well in breezy conditions and remains easy to see at high altitudes.
Prebuilt Wing, Fuselage an, Tail assemblies, Prop, Spinner, two Motor
Mount Templates and Instruction Manual
3+ channel radio
Great Planes RimFire .32 Brushless Motor
60A ESC with BEC
14.8V 3300-3600mAh Battery + compatible charger
Field and maintenance equipment.
- Compared to smaller sailplanes, the 3-meter Bird of Time EP ARF flies well in breezy conditions and remains easy to see at high altitudes
- Strong and convenient EP power
- Strong wood and fiberglass construction
- 3-piece wing for easy transportation and storage
- Removable full-flying stabilizer
- Superior thermal and duration soaring
- Two motor mount templates supplied
- Folding low-drag propeller design
- Beautiful, easy-to-see MonoKote trim scheme
- The Bird of Time's airfoil draws maximum performance out of a wide range of conditions, from slow thermal riding to fast-paced thermal chasing
- Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
Wingspan: 118" (2997mm)
Length: 49" (1245mm)
Wing Area: 1050 sq in (67.7 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 10oz/sq ft (31g/sq dm)
Weight: 4.5-4.75 lb (2040-2150 g)
Fuselage Length: 49 in (1245 mm)