HB Racing D216 2WD Buggy Kit HBS116155
This is the Hot Bodies 1/10 Scale 2WD D216 Buggy Kit. The HB D216 is the next step of development and innovation in 1/10th off-road racing. After the success of the D413 and D815, the next step for HB was to continue its off-..
- Brand: HB Racing
- Product Code:IDSPT0349
- Availability:In Stock
This is the Hot Bodies 1/10 Scale 2WD D216 Buggy Kit. The HB D216 is the next step of development and innovation in 1/10th off-road racing. After the success of the D413 and D815, the next step for HB was to continue its off-road domination with development of an all-new and innovative 2WD electric racing buggy. Now, the D216 is nearly ready for release, with team drivers around the world taking their turn at the wheel of the brand new 2WD racing buggy from the World Champion racing brand, HB.
The D216 is a fully adjustable, race-tuned buggy that will take your driving to the next level! A narrow woven graphite chassis plate braced with carbon fiber supports provides the ideal starting point for the D216's innovative mid-motor chassis layout. A very distinctive mid-mounted transmission encloses a 3-gear transmission for the most efficient drivetrain possible, fitted with an externally adjustable 3-plate, large diameter slipper clutch for the smoothest acceleration off the starting line, no matter what the racing surface is. The high volume gear differential is easy to remove from the transmission case fortuning, and can be replaced with an optional ball diff if need.
The speed controller is mounted to the side of the transmission case which helps eliminate the weight of excessive wiring and allows cooling air to flow over the controller casing. The suspension design is an evolution of the forward-thinking D413 car, with triangulated shock tower mounts, minimalist carbon fiber shock towers, 12mm Big Bore V2 threaded shock absorbers and aluminum camber link plates being some of the main features of the D216's suspension. Other major features include the 2-piece adjustable caster blocks and innovative hinge boss design that that make the D216 extra-tough as well as super-tunable. The suspension is completely adjustable by using multiple camber link locations, kick-up, anti-squat, track width, sway bars and much more, and the D216 shares many parts with the D413 to reduce the spares needed at the track.
The HB D216: the most advanced and tunable 2WD buggy in the world!
Includes: D216 Buggy Kit with Body, Shocks, Wheels, Ball Bearings and 78T Spur Gear and Instructions
Requires: 2-channel radio with high-torque steering servo, motor, speed control, battery, tires and building equipment
- Mid-motor 2WD fully-featured racing buggy kit
- Woven graphite carbon fiber chassis with carbon fiber braces
- Superb chassis balance with increased transitional agility
- Fully enclosed easy-access 3-gear mid-mounted transmission
- Triple plate externally adjustable large diameter slipper battery mounting positions adjustable fore-aft & left-right
- Unique 2-pc caster blocks to change kingpin angle
- Monococque suspension arms w/ innovative hinge boss
- Aluminum camber link plates
- Threaded aluminum 12mm Big Bore V2 coilover shocks
- Extra-rugged triangulated shock tower mounts
- Fully adjustable suspension with sway bars, multiple camber links, track width, ride height
- Multiple servo mounting options to adjust weight balance
- Steel turnbuckles with extra-long rod ends
- Extra-large gear differential
- HB universal dogbones and aluminum hex wheel adapters
- Hook and loop body mounting & adjustable wing height
- Parts compatibility with D413
- Wide array of tuning options
Length: 15.7" (398mm)
Width: 9.8" (250mm)
Height: 5.3" (135mm)
Wheelbase (adjustable): 11.1 in (282mm)